Wednesday, November 6, 2013

charity requires courage but it is what makes us human

End of the day giving thanks to understand that charity and compassion is what makes us all human. The idea of caregiving I learned particularly in reading Ann Burack-Weiss. "True charity requires courage: let us overcome the fear of getting our hands dirty so as to help those in need" -Pope Francis

My Mom would so love Pope Francis. She was born on the birthdate of her favorite Pope, John XXIII. I have the mass card she kept of his papacy.  What more can I say about a Mom who was the first person ever thanked by her County and the State of New Jersey for just listening to people with special needs, those most of us run away from. 

This past year I have been blessed to see the love between my Dad and a brother with special needs as they slowly said goodbye in our Dad's fight with Alzheimers. I asked over 200 people to get a ride and finally wonderful journeys. 


Thank you for parents that I witnessed rally to show love, charity and compassion for others. Proud that they loved me.

Thinking of the son of a neighbor who died about a year ago. He was so crippled but he was the biggest help in her eyes. Thank you universe that I knew him and always have that memory of their family.

carpe diem in la manana



No comments: