Wednesday, September 10, 2008

many blessings

Estimado Bishop:

What a wondrous event to read and talk with Cathedral parishioners of your ordination to Bishop. You were the most help and support in working with the HIV patients at Medical Center. I was a social worker there and you always made a joyful difference in endless interactions. I have so many memories of your fairness and kindness, particularly with people others shunned. It is truly a pleasure to know that you will make more of a difference in the lives of many. Thank you.

When I visit, I always stop by the chapel to say a prayer and light a candle. The chapel has always been a centering place for me. I appreciated your spiritual connection with worshipers there. It also gave me great comfort to stop in after the fast death of my Mom, in November 2006. She was raised in a family of many religious, primarily nuns, including a Mother Superior of the Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary of the Woods, Indiana. My Mom had 9 children, but also found time to just listen, advocate, and educate around people with mental illness. She loved Pope John XXIII. I made a YouTube video on her receiving a posthumous plaque by her county Freeholders… “Remembering Mom” at www.youtube.com/profMike54,

I continue to teach undergraduates, since 1993, and look forward to sharing my stories about you. I am fortunate to have witnessed you, Father Al, Sister Francescal and others!!! I am teaching Ethics, Sociology, and research methods this term, at . Most of my students are working adults, a broad diversity of students, and always a pleasure to engage and learn from. Sadly, many West African refugees from the child army wars. If there is anything I can be helpful about, please always feel free to contact me.

Many best wishes and my prayers on your ordination and for your works ahead!

Felicidades et best wishes,

No comments: